Take a peek into my thoughts. Be loved, be enlightened, be blessed..

Monday, September 10, 2012

Free At Last



Fourteen marine soldiers gave their young lives in a gruesome death for a false report that Italian priest, Giancarlo Bossi, was kept on the island of Basilan where I live.



Fr. Bossi walked to freedom late Thursday night, July 19, after 40 days of captivity. His freedom was also a great gift to his ailing mother back in Italy, who is celebrating her birthday July 20.



Bossi also condoled with the families of 14 Marines, who died in an encounter with Muslim rebels while looking for him in Albarka town in Basilan.


Bossi was released by his abductors in Karomatan town, Lanao del Norte province in Mindanao maindland, more or less than 400 kilometers from Basilan.

He was found along the highway appearing very haggard. He was clad in blue checkered polo shirt and slacks and was barefoot when government security forces found him. He was suffering from LBM and that he drank water from the river.


"My plan is to go back to Payao (in the neighboring province of Zamboanga Sibugay where he served as a parish priest) to tell people I'™m still alive! My heart is still in Payao. As a father, I think I have to go back to my children," he said in a news conference in Zamboanga City.

Asked if he feared for his safety in Payao, Bossi said: "No. Up to now if my superiors [ask me to], I go back anytime."


He became teary-eyed when asked about the 14 Marines.


"I feel like I'm responsible for their death," he said.


Addressing the Marines'™ families, Bossi said: "My condolences. I hope to meet them."

(Reposted: July 20, 2007)

No comments: