Take a peek into my thoughts. Be loved, be enlightened, be blessed..

Monday, September 10, 2012

Health Concerns

One of my regular blog readers posted a comment on my page asking how have I been.

Well folks, I was off line in the last few days because of some health concerns. I have been feeling numbness and tingling sensation on my left toes up to the calf and left fingers up to the elbow. Two doctors' initial diagnosis: hypertensive cardiovascular disease.

Right away I went to see an internist who subjected me into a battery of medical exams. The first day was devoted to chest x-ray and electrocardiogram. The blood chemistry and hematology laboratory tests had to be taken on the second day because I need to fast for eight hours. The vial of blood extracted from my arm was too horrid for me that I had to close my eyes until it was over. The finger prick could have been worse where a slightly bleeding finger was swiped on a slide to get a stain. But given the choice, I liked the big volume extraction rather than the finger prick. (Ouch!)

Four hours after, I was sitting in the doctor's clinic for the final verdict. I heaved out a sigh of relief when he gave me a clean bill of health. I tested negative of the initial diagnosis as well as for diabetes. My ECG and x-ray exams fell within normal limits and so were the other laboratory exams (normal liver, heart, and kidneys). I just needed a generous amount of vitamin B complex for a couple of weeks, but he warned me that he is going to refer me to a neurologist if numbness would still persist.

I did enjoy reading all of my friends' blog while I killed time at an internet cafe in the hospital premises, but was too hypochondriac to leave a comment.. But anyway, I'm back in circulation now!

(Reposted: April 18, 2007)

No comments: