Take a peek into my thoughts. Be loved, be enlightened, be blessed..

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Second of April



It is the 88th birthday of our dear Lola (grandma), the family's grand matriarch. It is also the birthday of cousin Aileen. Occasions to celebrate life. And also an occasion to celebrate eternal life. Another cousin, Josue Jr. (Filipino term for Joshua), died on Lola's birthday. And while the family was observing Josue'™s first death anniversary, Dad also died. On Lola'™s birthday.

Dad died from internal hemorrhage caused by a motorcycle accident. As I stood family spokesperson regarding dad'™s medical bulletin which turned for the worse (I sort of acted as phone operator for mom's three cellular phones -apart from two of my own- for friends and family who phoned from time to time for development), the news on tv was also blaring that Pope John Paul II has died.

Papa, it has been two years since you were gone. And you gave me the most wonderful dream of you. It was a gift of assurance that you are on the way to heaven. In my dream I saw you about to enter the pearly gates while heaven was gleaming in a kaleidoscope of bright colors in the distance, awaiting of your entry. My heart is at peace. My heart is at rest.

And while I am preparing this blog, my heart is crying as Eric Clapton wails over my headset with his song Tears in Heaven..

"Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven? Would it be the same if I saw you in heaven? Would you hold my hand if I saw you in heaven? Would you help me stand, if I saw you in heaven?"

Today I am longing for you. And today I am still mourning deep inside. I miss you, Papa. I wish you were still around to see your grandchildren increasing and filling the house with laughter, just like the way we filled our grandparents' house with laughter.

Dear Lord our God..

______/)______./¯"""/')
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯¯¯¯'\_„„„„\)

If roses grow in heaven, please pick a bunch for me. Place them in my Papa's arms and tell him they're from me. Tell him that I LOVE and MISS him, and when he turns to smile and glorify You, please place a kiss upon his cheek and hold him in Your loving embrace.

(Reposted: March 31, 2007)

No comments: