Take a peek into my thoughts. Be loved, be enlightened, be blessed..

Monday, September 17, 2012

Things I Did Last Summer

I sort of had a hectic schedule last summer. I took two weeks off from work to be with my family.

I attended the wedding of my cousin Edmy to Mayumi in Cagayan de Oro (April 9). Making the trip with me were mama, Anand, and Boyboy.

 
In the picture with me were mom, Auntie Corazon,  the groom's mother and dad's youngest sister, cousin Frances Aparte and her brother, Dante, and of course, Boyboy,who made the secondary male entourage's outfits. Frances was bride's maid while Dante substituted his dad as principal sponsor. Uncle Junior was not fit to travel from Camiguin to Cagayan de Oro because of high sugar level.


The family also spent an excursion to the high land in Tangub City which is home to Asia's longest zipline at over two kilometers. Edison and Cherry had just arrived from Saudia Arabia while Harold planed in from Singapore. He did not want to be outdone. LOL..


Since our vacation also fell on the date of dad's (seventh) death anniversary, we remembered and honored him at his grave site.


We haven't had a complete picture. One or two siblings would always be absent. At least we are 75% complete here. We missed Irma who is still in Montreal, Canada, and of course, Papa Bear.

 
I also stood as principal sponsor to the wedding of Exie Manuel to Nicole Strong Tayag. In the picture with me is former city dad, Mr. Richard Brown, the bride's uncle.


I also managed to enroll for a national certificate in Hotel Housekeeping.  That should come handy for overseas employment when civil service looks dim.

Here we were demonstrated with how to make a five-layer bedding. That's the butterfly style in spreading the sheet. You don't need to go from one corner to another, thus time-saving.


We were taught how to insert the extra or dangling portions.


Excuse the crumpled sheets, we were asked to demonstrate one by one. Too much handling, stripping, folding, and spreading...

This is how to make a bed ready for a guest..






No comments: